We believe the Old and New Testaments are completely verbally inspired by God and without error in the original writings, and that they are the complete, full and final authority for faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)*
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy spirit. Each one of these three Persons possesses the same nature, the same attributes, and the same perfections of Deity. Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14.*
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is both fully God and fully man. Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:6-11; John 1:1, 14.*
4. We believe that mankind was created male and female in the image of God; that our first parents sinned and thereby incurred the judgment of both physical death and spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become accountable for sin in thought, word and deed. Genesis 1:1, 26; 2 Samuel 12:15-23; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23, 5:12, 6:23.*
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died in our place for our sins, shedding His blood to take upon Himself all of the punishment for our sins, and that all who place their faith in Him as their Savior are declared by God to be righteous on the basis of Christ’s substitutionary death. This salvation is a gift from God by grace, apart from any human works or merit. Romans 3:21-28; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:3-8.*
6. We believe in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ in the same body, which was crucified, now glorified; in His bodily ascension into Heaven, in His present life there for us as our High Priest and Advocate, and in His present work building His Church. Matthew 16:18-19; Luke 24:36-43; John 20:24-29; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Colossians 1:13-14; Hebrews 8:1.*
7. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, trusting Him alone for eternal salvation, are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, that they are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and therefore are secure until the day of final redemption. John 1:12-13, 3:3-16, 10:28-29; 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 4:30.*
8. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ, which is His Body and Bride, began at Pentecost with the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell all believers. We believe that the church, composed of Jews and Gentiles, is distinct from the Old Testament covenant nation of Israel. We believe it is the responsibility of the Church to bring glory to God by participating in world evangelization to fulfill the Lord’s command to make disciples among all the peoples. Matthew 28:18-20; John 14:17; Acts 2:14-39, 11:15-16; Romans 11:11-29; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 1:20-23, 4:15; Hebrews 8.*
9. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ prescribed that His Church observe two ordinances: water baptism which portrays the believer’s submission to and union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection; and the Lord’s Supper to commemorate His death until He comes again. Matthew 26:26-28, 28:19; Acts 2:41-42; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.*
10. We believe in the “blessed hope” of the personal and imminent return of our Lord, first to receive His believers to Himself in the air, before the final seven year tribulation period, and then to return with them to reign on the earth. Daniel 7:13-14, 9:27; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-10; Titus 2:13; Revelation 20:1-3.*
11. We believe that God’s covenant promises to His people Israel are irrevocable and will be fulfilled; and that a remnant will be redeemed, and regathered to the land of Israel to experience the literal millennial reign of Christ as the heir of David’s throne in Jerusalem. Isaiah 35:10; Ezekiel 37:21-28; Luke 1:30-33; Romans 11:25-29.*
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved to everlasting blessedness, and of the unsaved to everlasting punishment. Matthew 25:46; John 5:24-29; Revelation 20:11-15, 21:3-4.*
13. We believe that Satan, a fallen angel, is the god of this age, the adversary of Christ and His Church, and that his destiny is eternal punishment. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Ephesians 6:10-12; Revelation 12:9, 20:1-3, 7-10.*
At Calvary Church we believe that the cause of unity in the church is best served, not by finding the lowest common denominator of doctrine around which all can gather, but by elevating the value of truth, stating the essential doctrinal parameters of church clearly, seeking the unity that comes from the truth and then demonstrating to the world how Christians can love each other across boundaries rather than by removing boundaries.
Therefore, we require all those participating in formative ministry roles involving teaching to consent to following:
I submit to the authority of Scripture, accept the Doctrinal Statement, and agree to support the Constitution of Calvary Church. (Constitution, Article V, Section 1)
If at any time there is an area of my belief system in which I do not fully accept the Calvary Church Doctrinal Statement or if my level of certainty is not as specific or clear as those stated in the doctrinal statement or doctrinal position papers, I will share those areas with the church leadership. I will agree to submit to the authority of the leadership of Calvary Church. In addition, I will not teach contrary to Calvary’s stated doctrine and will strive for unity and the building up of the body of Christ at Calvary Church.
Please enter your full name & today's date in the box below indicating your agreement to the Doctrinal Statement, then click on the Submit Form button. Thank you!